Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Rainbow Chaser

"I hope you're alright with this, that you're comfortable with it cos I am. And that's why I'm gonna be around for a very long time.. cos I'm the sort who chases rainbows."

Perhaps I was off-form. Perhaps I was dog-tired. It did not deign to register in my pea-sized brain to ask "Just what IS a rainbow chaser?" Which is probably why I'm here at my desk, still in my work clothes, trying to figure it out from the various pages that come up.

And what are my deductions so far? I'm not too sure...

The one site cites that chasing rainbows is the act of trying to achieve something that is not possible or practical. Pray tell which bit is impossible or impractical? 

*Barbsie goes into a deep frown*

Another tells me that it is another way of keeping grounds for feeling hopeful about the future. What's so bad about now that there has to be the feel of hope about the future? 

*Barbsie's frown gives way to a raised eyebrow*

Kermit on the other hand, sings that he's heard it too many times to ignore it - There's something that he's supposed to be. Which is quite the possibility, impossible dreamer that you are.

*Barbsie drops the arched brow and returns to the comforts of a deep frown*

I know I can find the answer to my un-asked question, somewhere in all of the above. Why it's escaping me right now could likely be written down to the fact that I'm tired, my latest book weighs heavy on my mind and I'm quite awed by the fact that you too can sprout profound idioms of sorts!

As for why I'm not taking the easy way out of sending a text out asking just what is a RC, I suppose it would be cos I know the recipient would feel somewhat let down - that I'm not exercising my usual route of wonderment, reflection and self-deduction. Where would the fun and intellectual stimulation be, if one cannot count on me being me?!

And while I am still going in a bit of circles on what's been said, I'm already getting ahead of myself by formulating a delayed answer of sorts. I might not have all of it yet but I do know this much: A rainbow, can only be visible when the sun, the observer's eye, and the center of its arc are be aligned. 

Which element are you hoping to shift into position, so that your chase comes to an end?



No comments: