Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fare the Well Charlie Boy!

Every time I think of Charlie, Robbie William's song comes to mind...

 
So unimpressed but so in awe
Such a saint but such a whore
So self aware, so full of shit
So indecisive, so adamant
I'm contemplating, thinking about thinking
It's so frustrating, just get another drink in
Watch me come undone

After many furtive attempts to rid myself of this one introduction from years ago, I have finally succeeded today. HOORAY!

Perhaps, I had hoped it didn't have to come down to a whole load of recriminations. Alas, Charlie is never without any drama. Oxford-Harvard-education and Goldman-experience and all that jazz.

So rock and roll, so corporate suit
So damn ugly, so damn cute
So well trained, so animal
So need your love, so fuck you all
I'm not scared of dying I just don't want to
If I stopped lying I'd just disappoint you
I come undone

So an era of Charlie has come to an end (and it's pretty definite this I'm very sure off) and so it must be commemorated. For Charlie did indeed provide quite a number of laughs, shits and giggles - especially between Balls, WhiteBoy and I. Their man of envy - Ballz used to say "You've gotta hook me up with Charlie Barbs - he never runs out of lines!" and of course, with weed under the coffee table and coke on the dining table, he was also the man Whites wanted to meet.

But that's all washed and done with. Charlie's gotta carry his own cross and I want nothing of it. Nothing what-so-ever, not even front row tickets to watch.

Fare the well sweet boy. There's hope in you yet! Go do your growing up and we hope you don't fizz out your remaining braincells in the process! 

No comments: