Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ask and Ye Shall Receive?

A whole lot has been blogged about. But seeing how it's a Tuesday, none of them have been the post-Monday type posting.

Lying here with you, listening to the rain
Smiling just to see the smile upon your face

For the better part of the day, and the whole of last night, I have been stuck in a place inside my head. A place that was both happy and sad at the same time.

Looking in your eyes, seeing all I need
Everything you are is everything to me

What was once a grey area, has either 1) gotten murkier or 2) gone clear. I can't decide which it is, though 33 years of living tells me it's gone the way of the latter only to reach the infamous Barbsie dam.

These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive
These are the moments I'll remember all my life

It wasn't suppose to go this way. Well, there was hope but there was also the negativity. And now that we are there, I do not know what to do with it. If I was an actor, the critics would write it up as a severe case of stage-fright. Monday's writing it off to me being me.

These are the moments I know heaven must exist
These are the moments I know all I need is this

I can sit and tell the Bear - he's got a lil London Tube gap going on over there in his life, yet I cannot take my own medicine. And I've got a much better gap than the Bear has. I got the 'directive' in the form of "Don't move too far cos I'm the one who has to drive." Errr... *Duh*

Every prayer has been answered
Every dream I have's come true

I also got the Question! Well, not the question that all of you are probably thinking, but it doesn't fall into Garlic's definition of "nice and easy" ones as well. And I think I aced that one, given it was THE MODEL answer, except that it was the model answer for a different examination board.

I could not ask for more than this time together with you
And right here in this moment is right where I'm meant to be
Here with you, here with me

So yeah... grey area is not quite so the grey anymore. Doesn't mean I am pure happy and accounted for. And it doesn't mean I am any less frustrating, to both Monday and my own reflection. I'm exasperating I know. But if you have made so many mistakes in life, you really don't wanna make another. And so we sit and do nothing. Say nothing. But hope and pray that we're showing everything that's gone un-said.

Maybe I should just make life easy. Not say anything but do what I have always done before with the men in my life - send them a link to The Shooter and let em read all about it! Cos I really can't think of any other way or a possibility where I could sit down, look him in the eye and say the right answer to the right exam....

I found all I've waited for
I have all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more

I think I shall go home and sleep on it... And yes, I can hear what you're saying - I'm thinking too much!

... Eventually, I'll round to not doing that and listen to you, kays?... but not right now.

I could not ask for more
Edwin McCain

No comments: