Monday, September 8, 2008

Blink Once

Sometimes I wonder, why the people who read the Chemical Shooter, do what they do - read it. It is but the mutterings of a soul amongst the billions out there. It is nothing but a virtual dumping ground cos the other beings in the house who reside with me have cotton between their ears and cannot talk back. It is the space where I use up my alloted number of words a day.

I just went and had lunch with the Bear. Poor him - getting the brunt of my foulness today. But that's the good thing about true friends - they acknowledge that sometimes you just need to let it out, just a little. And with that, I have to say that Barbsie wasn't too bad and ill-behaved (right Bear?)

Tonight, I'm gonna take in a dvd, make some pasta, pour some wine and vegetate in front of the telly. And no matter how tempted you are (for whatever reason you may have) to 1. remind me that it's Monday and 2. ask why - please don't.

Sometimes, things happen and we're destined never to know 1. why it happens and 2. WHY it happens to you. There are days when I wish I weren't such a firm believer of the Faith and today is one of those. There are times when I realise that sometimes praying might not be the best thing to do, and this is one of those times.

I was brought up to "never question" and to accept that how life plays out, is not determined by me but by a higher authority - One who is said to know me even before I was born. I wish for once that He would talk to me and tell me the Plan - the Grand Plan - so that every tumble I take, I know how many more there is left to go. Cos frankly, there ain't much skin left on this extremely scrapped knee.

But seeing how I can't do that, I will do the next best thing according to the Sisterhood of Heart, Lung, Liver and Sanity - make Vodka your best friend and you'll never walk the rest of the day alone. Hey - whatever floats my boat and brings nightfall to an end.

And, if you genuinely think it is unwise - let me try and redeem my afternoon by stating that THERE ARE WORSE THINGS I CAN DO, other than be an Absolute air-head. So see - I'm not doing all that badly. We have nothing to worry unless I start dialling Charlie, or anybody else for that matter. But yes - you heard me right - Charlie.

They say you only get one shot at Life, and you should seize the day, not let it pass you by. Cos time, once passed, cannot be reclaimed. And no amount of wishing and praying will bring time back.

And so, maybe after a few shots, I'd be able to say I'm alright and I'm okay and that truly - it's just another one of those things that happen, and it's not a result of my own doing (literally and spiritually!)

Nonetheless, if you are ever asked to do something for me this year - let this be the one and only thing you do - leave the past where it is. The escapades of Days of Our Lives ends here. If you cannot contain yourself and must give in to either temptations - I have to state that I am not liable for any ill-fate that befalls you subsequently.

Blink once if you understand what it is I'm saying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've blinked a few times (grin). But tell me, what exactly is a 'shooter'?

Unknown said...

A shooter is a short drink, taken in one shot - hence the name. Normally laced heavily with alcohol, it's one of those things that goes straight to your head!

Keep blinking ~ eventually you'll get there *lol*