Thursday, September 11, 2008

Doneness

Someone asked me yesterday: What have I done to deserve having you in my life?

It's a funny thing to ask me (tho I know a lot of my close pals would disagree). It's so funny, it's almost surreal.

Maybe I'm just that TOO NICE a girl - the one who feeds the sick and invalid... the one who removes all the staples from stacks of documents so that everyone's recycled paper tray remains full... the one who volunteers to take on the bound-to-die-project and be its hospice nurse.

Or maybe it's cos I'm a simple person, so lil things don't escape me.

I dunno. I am who I am. I do the things I do cos it feels right.

I haven't found the right reply yet and seriously - I doubt I will (cos I have been asking myself the same question for the past 72 hours and can't even sniff the smoking of an answer!)

But then again... maybe someday I will... I'll let you know then.

No comments: