Saturday, September 6, 2008

To move ... or Not

I've been thinking of shifting out of my pigeon-hole.

It's something Whites said - that I could do so much better than where I am currently. And frankly, I think I'm just tired of having to trudge a 100 metres from car to my front door. Try doing that twice in a week, in the pouring rain, when you realise that you've left your house keys in the car!

And so, I've been looking. Pinning down the location itself is one big headache and I took my folks and kids out to look at a couple - on the other side of the Valley today. Surprise! Surprise! They all actually liked it. But here's the question - can I give up my Ikano, Curve, Laundry Bar, Ikea and a hop-skip-and-run to Mont Kiara / Sri Hartamas?

Add to that, do I wanna live in another pigeon hole or am I ready to go back to a landed property? Dare I risk another run-in of a wanker, doing precisely that, less than 10 feet from my backdoor? And IF I choose a house, will the walls make me go crazy on the days and nights that I am alone in it?

It has been so long since I consciously thought about where I am gonna lay my head down each night. In the last few years since Damansara Utama - a house has been just some place I go back to.

But I've been thinking - I wanna make it more than that. It's about time I have a home, where my family are comfy bout spending time in.

I think I'll sleep on it for a bit ...

No comments: