Monday, September 15, 2008

Of Statues and Sanity

in•fal•li•ble ~ adj.
  1. Incapable of erring
  2. Incapable of failing; certain

I have been agonizing since Wednesday night over a situation. A situation which has made me feel very much alone cos 1. It’s not my place to discuss it with my buddies and 2. The person, who’s brought me into it, has chosen to just not talk about it.

Them, who know me, would know that I am not the sort who can sit still and do nothing. I cannot be thrusted into a situation and be expected not go into “rescue”-mode. So this is a freaking round-hole-square-peg situation.

Let’s face it. They say that one should never put another on a pedestal ~ them idols tend to be made of cement or some sort of plaster and can almost never survive the fall. But I have been thinking – did I really put this person on a pedestal? Did I think so highly of him, that I thought he was infallible ~ when he’s done his fair share of failing!!!

*Sigh* I suppose at the end of the day, it’s not really my problem and there’s nothing I can do about it if said person chooses to not involve me. And because there is no other option – the best that I can do is to turn him and his challenge over to the Higher Authority and pray that he’ll come out of this without a scratch.

And that I don’t lose even more of my own sanity over this! One broken statue on the ground is enough to clutter. We don't need another.

No comments: