Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lest We Forget

What were you doing tonight, 7 years ago?

The day that changed ... the way we feel about our neighbours, our family, our world.

The day that changed ... the casualness one feels when one travels, to a feeling of dread and fear to some extent.

The day that changed ... how we feel when we leave the house in the morning, after an argument, often making us stop and turn back to say "bye" despite our anger.

I would always remember, despite 7 years on, the grippling fear that crept through my alcohol buzz as I sat in a hotel room, watching CCN show images of the buildings falling down. All I wanted to do was to get home as soon as I possibly could to see one face.

7 years on.. this face still remains as gorgeous as she did then... and seeing her face still brings the same joy and relief that it did the day after 9-11.


Lest we forget, how much more fortunate we are as compared to those who never got to have the day after.

No comments: