Sunday, January 18, 2009

Can you get that?

I cannot cave. Not right now. Not when my career depends on it and decisions need to be made. I cannot cave and not cope with this whole lot of missing you.

You would not want that. You would not want to hear about it.

But I need you. I need you so badly even I cannot believe it. And it’s scaring the hell out of me – this realization of how much I have come to depend on you to keep my sanity abouts me. How not being able to have you around when I want you to be makes me go somewhat looney and desperate.

You make sense. You make things make sense.

And I need you to tell me that I can do this – take on this project, on top of everything else and be alright. That I won’t go back to being that person I was before.

I need you to tell me that I can do this – that I have all the skills, experience and talents to do this. And not just do it, but pull it out in the style that I always do.

But most of all, I need you to tell me that it’s alright to have to wanna need you.

Can you hear that? 

Can you feel that? 

I really don’t wanna put this on your overflowing plates as it is. But I really need this. I really need you to step up and be that person.

I don't ask for much... just to hear you say the same would get me by right now.

Can you get that?


No comments: