Thursday, January 22, 2009

New Twist

"I have been thinking about what we talked about the last time ~ about trust, and how your point of view differed from mine. After thinking about it, I have come to see your point and the basis in it, and that it's actually quite true and how I need to re-think my own paradigms on it."

Two things threw me off the chair with that one as we sat down to dinner:
  1. He's talking to me about something I said 2 weeks before, when he can't even remember which time zone he was in 4 days ago
  2. He actually go back and think about the things I say
There really shouldn't be anything surprising with that. It is how people communicate, get to know another and grow. I suppose then that this throwing-me-off-chair-bit is another piece of evidence that when it comes to people in non-professional relationships: I do set my expectations really way down there.

But it's taken me by surprise simply cos in the bigger scheme of things - all these seem so mundane, so small, so un-noteworthy. 

Maybe the circle I move in, we do not normally re-visit themes and issues. It's either water-under-the-whatever or written off as another one of the other's quirks. Whether it upset the other person or me, it's normally not known either. In the case of me being the one being upset, people normally read about it here! To actually have someone ask me "Did I upset you?" IS an abnormality. 

Don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining and it really is not a bad thing. It's just something I'm not accustomed to, but hey - it's all good isn't it?


No comments: