Saturday, January 3, 2009

People Need People

It used to be that each time my kids went off to Johor, you would not find me at home, no matter what the weather is outside.

The school holidays are coming to an end tomorrow and this was the longest they were away – the whole 6 weeks. And not once did I step out far too late into the night. Not once did I come home, wobbling my way thru the corridors.

To many of my friends, I’ve become a hermit crab of sorts, preferring to vegetate on my couch or curled up with a book and my fave music playing on my stereo. As one person said casually: Don’t bother asking Barbs. She’ll never say “Yes” to an outing.

As much as that may seem to be true to the naked eye, people need people: I still enjoy the company people – I’ve just become extremely selectively about who I spend my time with, that’s all.

Quality over quantity. Give me that and I wouldn't give a blessed damn if there's a blizzard outside ~ We'll throw snowballs and have a great laugh falling down and getting wet!

 

 

 

 

No comments: