Friday, January 9, 2009

Growing Legs

“There’s only so much I can do cos my hands are tied. I want the changes to happen but I can’t do it if my boss does not support me. And so lately, I’m beginning to wonder, what the hell am I still here for?!”

I recently read that with this economic downturn, we’ll see a burst of entrepreneurs as more and more people decide to take matters into their own hands.

Sure, we all have that aspiration to be our own bosses. But yet how many of us know what it means to be one?! Especially if one starts out small and then grow over time into something bigger than we ever imagined?!

I have only one fear when it comes to seeing beyond October 2010, and that is one day the people who work for me and my company would turn away and say – I have been utterly wasting my time, talents and skills with you!

When you’re a one-man show, you’ve gotta one-leg-kick-it. But when you can afford to be an octopus – you’ve gotta let go of the legs and be just the head. If not, you’ll find yourself caught in a mire of entanglements which will slowly cut off your oxygen supply and eventually kill you.

If you can't get that in your thick head, then either stay in employment or never let your business grow beyond that of a mum-and-pop store.

No comments: