Friday, January 9, 2009

Look Up and Ahead

“Madam paid you a compliment today. She said you had your eye on the ball.”

I am now in month 7 of my job and lately, the level of activity had up a notch. Since Monday, things have been moving at a slightly faster speed. Yet as we wind down Friday, I feel out of breath already.

A lot of the stress that I have undergone this week – I would have taken it in my stride a year ago.

As I drove home from a social function earlier, I was thinking back on the many nights when I clocked out at 9, having started at 8. And tomorrow would be the same story once again. Yet, I could do it.

Where did my stamina go?

I once had a conversation with the LegalBeagle and I said that I must be growing lazy. But seeing how lazy is not really something you cultivate, I’d have to say I lost my sight on the ball. Which was why I felt as if I was floundering this week, especially when I know how to do these tasks with my eyes closed.

“I am not going to push you cos 1. You don’t work for me, and 2. You’re the sort of person who cannot be pushed by anyone but yourself.”

In reflection, that statement is so true. I have not been pushing myself, and doing it again this week is akin to a ball player getting back into the game after a hiatus.

THIS cannot happen again. No matter what the level of activity is, I must always keep my eye on the ball.

 

No comments: