Sunday, August 12, 2007

Everything in its time

How quickly the week has wound down... in the blink of an eye, tis once again Sunday evening. As I sit on my balcony, letting the evening breeze from a rain-threatened sky ride over me, I cannot help but ponder ~ how quickly people and priorities change.

Sometimes I wonder what lies ahead
How long till my hunger is fed

They say it's hard to make it in this part of town

So many people on this merry-go-round

Next week signals the start of 4 weeks of crazy crazee at work. Not only would we need to be out of the office half the time, but we also need to oversee the handover of our kitchen. And I am filled with quiet excitement cos it'll be my first trade kitchen. And it's gonna be where I make my living for the next few years to come.

Some folks try astrology, some turn to crystal balls
To find an answer, to get through it all
I just fall on my knees and I try to pray
In the silence I can hear Him say

It's probably good that work is gonna drive me to the point of numbness.. when I just come home and collapse on the couch, not able to move or think anymore. Cos if I had more time on my hands, I would probably go on yet another ride on the waves of chaos as I find that the sun rise brings me closer to being another year older.

I often feel like I'm two steps behind
Somebody must have moved that finish line

There are a thousand reasons why I should give up

But I'm stubborn in the things I believe

I still do not know how the week holding 28th August will come. But from what has been said, it should be something I look forward to. Afterall, it's not every year that somebody offers to cook for you. And if that doesn't happen, the cake would be treat enough for me. For it's taken 32 years before someone's actually gone and thought ahead for me, without me having to be the one to say "Hey".

'cause maybe there's another plan
One I still can't see
A little surprise, like your love in my life
Funny how time changes how we see

And while I mentally mark off the days till the 28th comes round, I cannot help but hold my breath. If there is anything familiar in my life - it would only be the rate of change. And it's not always good change.


The river runs and the river hides
Out to the ocean and under the sky

I promise you, the answer will come

Hold on to patience and watch for the sign


So yes. Anticipation builds expectations. And we don't function too well when that is the case. I suppose, the saying will have to be it then..

Everything in its time.

No comments: