Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Name and days

Everyday, under a tree somewhere off the grounds of the office, I am re-learning new things… or maybe remembering things that I have forgotten.

2 a.m. and she calls me cause I'm still awake
"Can you help me unravel my latest mistake?
I don't love him - winter just wasn't my season"

Today’s lesson was in the Training Manager's words of wisdom to our Swiss intern (Of Tadpoles and White Boys): “You do not remember names boy! Once you do that, they get all lovey-dovey!”

As I sit here at my desk, willing my tummy to settle down and behave before Day 2 of Food Tasting starts, I find that line to ring so true and in some ways quite hilarious. IF only everyone thought the same way, or underwent the same training.

The search for the conquest would be much easier and everyone’s need for sexual gratification a less arduous task. And that maybe, just maybe, the roll around the living room carpet would be the start of a fuck-buddy relationship.

Unfortunately, life does not work out that way.

Maybe we should all learn that as we grow older, the unwritten and unsaid should become the explicit. Then you needn't worry about calling them by their name.

Yeah we walk through the doors, so accusing their eyes
Like they have any right at all to critize
Hypocrites - you're all here for the very same reason.

Author’s note:
This is just a musing-in-place-of-food. Nothing stupid has happened in this dreary life so far. Yes – I’m Girl Friday and fast becoming boring.



No comments: