Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Meeting the God-Father

I had a smack on with my God-father this afternoon. Though brief, it was impactful enough to make me sit here tonight, despite a heavy head to write down my thoughts.

It's funny though that we met today - 5 months since I left working for him.

Maybe I'm reading too much into his words, maybe it's all in my head.

But as I thumb through last year's school yearbook, I cannot help but shake my head in regret. And believe that there was a hint of wistfulness in his voice as he spoke with me this afternoon.

From the time when I joined, to the time that I left, this book was something he wanted to be proud of - every year without fail. He has in his room a glass coffee table on which he displays the books of years past.

If I had to do a book review on it, I would say it's not worth wiping your arse with the paper it is printed on. Hazy low resolution pictures, poor quality articles, repetitive design templates and a major boo-boo featuring a stock photo with its watermark still on.

Somehow I cannot see him wanting to put this one alongside the others.

I cannot believe that the management of the school has let itself fall from grace with such a blimp! It's way too amazing a thought to comprehend cos we were all suppose to be trained to be in his likeness - perfection bar none.

And it is in his footsteps that I am still attempting to follow. Like he said - grit your teeth and bear with it cos you went in with your eyes open.

So why is it that those who have left, has learnt the lesson.. yet those who have stayed on remain the same?

I really should not be sitting here, playing Barb-Almighty. But then again, I think after being under the rule of the God-father for over a decade, I have earned the right to.

And yes - I will let go.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow...i had no idea...

Unknown said...

Dude - sorry man, if I had inadvertently dissed you in the musing.

And yes - seeing how I'm turning 32, I would have known DC for 12 years now.

Anonymous said...

dissed me? where got? ;>)

i mean i didn't realise u met up wif him...