Thursday, August 23, 2007

Ponder in a Freezer

It's strange times when one sits and ponders on the question, "How do you know how much is too much?"

Too much too soon.
Too much information.
Too much fun.
Too much love, or too much to ask of someone?


I'm probably thinking of this only because lately, life has become slightly over-whelming from all aspects possible. Working 12 hour days, carrying out family responsibilities, and trying to find time for myself and my life.

It'll probably all die down soon enough.. but then again, when you're standing on this side of the fence, the finishing line sure seems hell a long time away.

I know. Until I get there, I should count all my lil victories. All the lil bursts of sunshine that brightens an otherwise dreary day.

And I should stop setting myself up for falls or slips. Cos the slightest deviation from course, is just gonna tip the scale and unbalance me completely. And I think we all agree, I've been down that rabbit-hole far too many times in the past months.

But surely, as human beings.. there must be a point when we all decide... "When is it all just too much for us to bear?"

I hope I don't come to that point anytime soon. I might just have to stick myself in the walk-in freezer room if I think I'm nearing that point.

So if you don't hear from me anytime soon.. be a kind soul and give my boss a call.. there's only 3 rooms.. shouldn't be too hard to find which one Barbsie is hiding in.




No comments: