Thursday, August 9, 2007

Of tadpoles and white boys

This piece started mid-afternoon when I’m bored and waiting for my next meeting to start. It’s gonna be a hell of a long one considering it is with both my bosses – one blur and one away. Seeing how I think I am ready to face the Swiss Army, I sat down and wrote something funny and fun. Yups – it’s gonna be funny and it’s gonna be fun cos Lord knows I’ve done enough dark and twisty to last the rest of summer.

But anyways, today – it’s gonna be about Sex.

Yups. You heard me darling – sex. Or rather, the obsession with it within my environment. It is seriously beginning to feel like I’m living Grey’s Anatomy here with all the sex talk that goes around me!

To be more precise, it's about sex and these 2 boys I know. One getting too much and one not getting enough (yes, I’m being polite by not using ‘any’ *grin*)

The first is my intern – 24 year old white boy who had just moved into his own apartment and broken off with his local Chinese chick. The advice he got from our training manager on the latter? “Boy, at your age, from now on, it’s gotta be one-night-stands all the way. Ya hear me boy?” And seeing how it came from the training manager, he celebrated his bachelorhood by taking a nice local girl home for the night for a screw.

The other is my best buddy. If you go onto his blog, read the side-conversation that goes on… the boy needs to get laid. And quick! And while I wait to hear from him on Saturday afternoons week after week that it’s finally rained Friday night – boy has to be choosey! *Slaps self on head* Keep it going darling, and you’re gonna give Mandy a run for her money on the record for shaglessness!

If I had a little less sense in me, I would take these 2 boys out for a drink. But then again, me + alcohol … hmmm.. definite recipe for disaster *LoL* As it is, the other night I was telling my best buddy how it’s time for yet another pub crawl for me cos it’s been months since I stepped into a club, bar or pub. Drinking at home does not count. But how I have refrained from it cos Friday-Food-Buddy does not drink so it’s a waste of time. And to go out crawling with Drinking Buddy.. well, let’s say it again – Barb + alcohol = recipe for disaster.

By now, some of you are probably going “Oh-my-god Barbs! How could you even suggests it?” Well, I can. For the simple fact that it is there – on the very topmost layer of their thought process! Sex is there in all our lil brains (was gonna write heads but that would be asking for trouble).

So anyways… it’s gonna be Friday night once again.. and come Saturday, I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for best buddy and my ears cringing for white boy. Hell – let’s keep them ears and toes crossed for best buddy as well – seeing how he’s taken to drawing squiggly stuff and calling em tadpoles.

And no – there will be no pub crawling this weekend for Barbsie *grin*

There ARE some things a girl can live without.

Je vais bien.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!! Just passing by to say hi and to see how you are. I have been away for a spell, but trying to catch up! see ya!!!