Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Let go

I did a whole lot of blogging today. And then I came back and I deleted them ALL.

You see, I blog when I have maggots in my head. And maggots - if you don't let them go, they'll just grow and Grow and GROW. So blogging is my way of expunging them from my head, before I have to go see a pakar sakit jiwa.

I suppose, every time when something bad happens to you in life, you're left with choices. Two to be precise.

You could either allow it to consume you, turn it into Zahir, and be lost in it all eventually

OR

You could learn to recognise the emotion, ride with it for a while, then say "Okay. I know what that is. Now I am detaching myself from it."

I came to this realisation after half an hour of sitting in the park underneath overcast skies. Just when I was ready to give up on life, to have the skies open up and the sun shining down on you, I would be a dumb-dumb not to go with the latter.

By deleting my rants today, I am letting them go.

While I know there are friends of mine out there who would think otherwise, I think at 32, I have enough potatoes in my borrowed back-pack. I don't need to add another one to it.

Bottomline is ~ tonight I can rest my head on my pillow and sleep easy with myself.

Right.After.I.Change.The.Sheets.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like u dun need to sit under a tree in katmandu to finally learn how to letting go things.. sittin half an hour in a park still can actually still do the same.. why didnt u tell me earlier!!