Saturday, June 23, 2007

The next few minutes

It's been 33 hours and counting.

Yesterday was just bad, Bad, BAD. Of course there was the whole hoola-bala to add to it in the night. But yes - I did not pop down to the shops and buy a pack of fags. I hugged the bottle instead *grin*

Nonetheless, it is Day 2 and you can bet your cute bottom that I am darn proud of myself.

Technically, all the carbon monoxide should be eliminated from my body as off now.

I should probably cut down on the cups of coffee ~ did you know non-smokers only need to drink half the coffee as smokers, to get the same amount of caffeine kicks?!

And I have saved RM 11.80 so far.


The number of cravings that I am to go thru today is gonna be more than yesterday. But as my smoke-free-moderator* said yesterday ~ Whatever nicotine withdrawal you're feeling right now is not really physical, its more mental or rather a placebo effect which is the tussle between your physical and mental senses. I am sure you'd ride it out.

So yeah, it's all in my head.. and that is the one lesson that my god-pa has probably been trying to teach me thru this quit-smoking thingy. I have come to see now that his driver is not so much just for saving my life, but another way of him imparting to me the knowledge that I need to focus my thoughts, energy and determination to put aside the mental barriers that I put up for myself.

As I sit here at home, having my coffee and breakfast (yes, time saved from 2 fags equals to time to make and have breakie!), I shall remember the words of my SFM* ~ hang in there young padwan, for peek into the dark side you must not..

Crazy Horse (6/22/2007 11:57:51 PM): and barbs
Barbs Er (6/22/2007 11:57:55 PM): yeah
Crazy Horse (6/22/2007 11:58:00 PM): am proud of you...24 hrs ciggie free

Breathe deep, hug hard, live long,

No comments: