Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sir Renity

Serenity ~ noun

  1. A disposition free from stress or emotion
  2. The absence of mental stress or anxiety
A wiseman once told me that Serenity is a Hope...
But what use is Hope when the facts lay open on the table?
And trust was displaced and would never be gain again?
What use is Hope when the mirror has been shattered and no matter how you piece it back together again, the image would not be the same as the one you saw this morning?

A wiseman once told me that Serenity
is a Prayer...
But what use is Prayer when turning back time is not humanly possible?
And when the Prayer will not provide you the guidance that you seek?
What use is a Prayer when a prayer will not change how people are, their very essence for being?

A wiseman once told me that Serenity
is a Place in my head...
But what use is having a Place when it's been invaded by many?
And it's no longer mine, and mine alone?
What use is a Place when I cannot bring order to chaos?

If I shut my eyes really tightly, I can make believe that I have Serenity. I've broken my glass. I have done my yelling and shouting. I have expanded and I'm empty.

Unfortunately, I see things miles and miles ahead. And the picture is not one which I had hoped to see. But it is there.

Clear as untainted waters of a hidden brook. But as the brook expands into the mains... everything that you once thought to be... shifts and changes.

If I owned one wish tonight, I would waste it on not having gone thru the last 2 weeks. Where betrayals did not take place. Where hurt was not inflicted, over and over again. Where deceit did not reign like the supreme lord of all.

Maybe then I could always live in a brook and be protected by the rocks and riverbanks.

No comments: