Saturday, June 2, 2007

Perspective

There was a time
When the world seemed like a terminal
When I felt that I was waiting
For the boarding call of a non-existent flight

There was a time
When waking up each day
Was filled with dread
When I felt that I had to find
A reason to breathe, to eat, to live

I may have had dreams
I may have had wonders
I may have had wishes
And conversations with shooting stars
But it is all
... As it was

It has been this way
For the longest time
That I know of no other way to live

I wish that I could gain
Some perspective of time, space, happiness

Some belief in surprises ~ that it’s not always bad


Cos maybe then,

I will be able to sustain

This new spring in my step

So it can take me a bit further

From the monsters in the closet

And towards the rising sun

Where a whole new day awaits

For once, not in dread.

No comments: