Monday, June 18, 2007

Light Shines

After a somewhat drab and dreary 2 weeks, the sunshine has broken through the storm clouds. In the form of shared happiness.

Today is the 6 months anniversary of one of my best bud's blossoming relationship. I am happy for her. That it has lasted this long. But then again, I heard it from the horse's mouth that said horse is going to do everything within her power to not botch up this relationship. And yeah, he's a nice guy for once! If only they can decide where to go for their dinner!

Today is also the day that another good friend's relationship has taken a turn for the positive. It's of course scaring the living hell out of her as it is a big step and an even bigger commitment. But I think at the end of the day, she'll do what she has to do when it comes to going after her happiness.

I went and sat at the park with my girlfriend today. And she asked.. what about you Barbs? Where's your life headed? My reply? Plain, simple and factual.

I have 2 kids.

And my kids have a daddy.

Right now, that's enough for me.

2 comments:

Sen said...

'Have'. The kids have a daddy. Not 'has'. 'Have'.

Insert BIG S.E.G.

Unknown said...

I boldly stand - corrected.

Damn! Just can't be sneaky can i?