Thursday, June 7, 2007

Musings at 5...

It's 6 minutes to 5 am and I'm at my desk, working away at a deliverable.

So much has happened in the last month or so. And for a person who detest changes, abhors it and resists it till kingdom come, I can't help but wonder how I've sailed thru. Intact and unscathed.

As I take my cigarette break on my balcony, I can't help but think back to the words of a song that I've been familiar with for over 15 years... And I smile to myself as it plays on my WinMedia...

I want somebody to share
Share the rest of my life
Share my innermost thoughts
Know my intimate details

Someone who'll stand by my side, and give me support
And in return, he'll get my support
He will listen to me, when I want to speak
About the world we live in, and life in general


Though my views may be wrong, they may even be perverted
He'll hear me out, and won't easily be converted to my way of thinking
In fact he'll often disagree
But at the end of it all, he will understand me


I want somebody who cares, for me passionately
With every thought and, with every breath
Someone who'll help me see things, in a different light
All the things I detest ~ I will almost like


I don't want to be tied to anyone's strings
I'm carefully trying to steer clear of those things
But when I'm asleep, I want somebody
Who will put their arms around me and kiss me tenderly


Though things like this make me sick
In a case like this, I'll get away with it


It's the one wish everybody has in common, yet so many fails at catching that falling star... And so after a while, we come to a crossroad... Do we give up? or do we press on? What if it's round the corner and we missed it, walking by?


I don't want to let these thoughts swim in my head for the rest of the day. I have enough potatoes to last a lifetime. And so, I will let it go...


Maybe it's part of growing up.


Maybe it's just me finally learning how to pick things up, and letting things go.


Maybe it's me giving up the eternal search for nothing, and going for instant gratification.


I'll take whichever one of the above for now. Until I pack my bags, grab the children, say my goodbyes and move to Spain.

Yes - I'm back to moving to Spain.

No comments: