Tuesday, June 12, 2007

My Favourite Mistake

It's a bit of a topsy-turvy day. Just when I thought things were finally going to go back to normality, like I've known it for the last few weeks, it all goes haywire.

My best friend just stormed out of my house. In a huff and in a puff. Cos he said I didn't stick to what I said I would do. That all the anger expanded last week was a whole load of bullshit. When he asked me to explain myself, I couldn't.

This is the one person who I could be totally honest with, except I could not find the words to explain why I made the choices I made.

This is the one person who sat at the same table with me last Thursday while I fought with myself, my brain, my sanity.

Here's the thing - I am not infallible! Never proclaimed to be so. If anything, I am the complete opposite of one who is.

It's not condoning. It's not accepting. It's not settling.

You just have to know. And when you don't know? No one can fault
you for it. You do what you can, when you can, while you can. When you can't, you can't.

If not anything else, please try and understand that I am only human.


No comments: