Thursday, June 21, 2007

Smoke 'em

The TIME has come ...




Friday, 22nd June 2007

It's a conscious decision that I'm making. And in fact, it's been in the pipeline for some 3 weeks now. I think it started to hit me when I was specifically tracked on the duration between 1 fag and the last. I did not realise that I had about 47 minutes between one cigarette and the next. That is if I'm at home or not among my circle of smoking friends, which of course reduces the time lag.

So the plan was put into action.. and the argument to me was - I only have a medium addiction to nicotine, which is easier to give up now. So the Grand Plan (with capitals G and P) is:

  • Choose a quit date and stick to it - Yups, Friday 22 June 2007. It's being brought ahead by about 2 weeks. But what's 2 weeks anyways *grin* More reason to celebrate on the 10th of July!
  • Plan how to deal with temptation - I am gonna replace my balcony fag with a cup of hibiscus tea or water. I am gonna load my phone with good music that I can rant to. I am gonna lay off hitting Becks for a while.
  • Get support from my family, friends and experts - Here it is on me blog! It's now official! Plus, I have a smoke-free moderator, who has been doing a darn good job actually in encouraging me cut down.
  • Throw away all of my ciggies - that will happen tonight, together with all the lighters and the pot that is being used as an ashtray right now.

I will likely be snacking a bit more, coughing a bit more, yelling and screaming a bit more... but heck, it's gonna be worth it.

By Monday, I would have saved RM 17.70 which is good for a chicken chop and a drink at Becks.

By end of the month, I would have saved RM 53.10, which is good for a new pair of shoes

By10th July, I would have saved RM 112.10, which can buy my good friends a dinner at the Korean Restaurant.

Why is this time gonna be any different, you say?

I guess, it would be nice to be asked "How many sticks today?" and actually reply "None" with pride. Or not to have people cringe and go "Yew - cigarette smell" when you give a hug.

Plus, the RM 177 a month from it is gonna help put Luke thru kindy *grin*

And THAT is always a good reason to quit!

Moo-moo

No comments: