Monday, June 18, 2007

Say Nothing

I'm exhausted. Exhausted at trying to keep people's spirits up.

I've come to realise that one can only say so much. And if the other chooses to sink, rather than grab the float, there ain't nothing that I can do.

I'm your friend, and so I stand on your side.

I'm your friend, and hence you can only do partial wrong.

I'm your friend, and so I will always wish that the sun will shine for you.

But because I'm your friend, I will also shut up now.

It's nothing something I'm very good at.. but because I'm your friend, I will try even though it's probably gonna kill a bit of me.

I wish I'd stand up straight
I wish I'd said things different
I wish I'd said nothing
Things would be so perfect
I wish myself to keep
I pray my soul to sleep
I wish myself away
I wish I was blank

~ Blank by The Smashing Pumpkins ~

No comments: