Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Hooked about Now

I have a new artist playing on my now restored WinMedia.

(Yeah - never buy a Compaq cos they are unrealiable bastards who will leave you hanging when you have like 5 different apps running at the same time!!!)

Anyway, rant over. Back to my music. It's Chris Daughtry. (Yeah - I know - American Idol Barb ???)

I've always been one who gets hooked on the words of a song. It's the bane of being a linguistic person. Words thrumphs tune. Tune thrumphs artist. And the song from Chris that's got me hooked is called What About Now?

It cannot ring more true... and so it goes like this:

What about now?
What about today?
What if you're making me all that I was meant to be?
What if our love, it never went away?
What if it's lost behind words we could never find?

Now that we're here,
Now that we've come this far,
Just hold on.
There is nothing to fear,
For I am right beside you.
For all my life,I am yours.

Baby, before it's too late,
What about now?

It's a bit of a preposterous (pri-pos-ter-uhs) notion... but IF ONLY more people said that more often... even if it's for the last fight to breathe....

Maybe then there would be less broken people in this world.

And yes - I am feeling blue. You need only see that it's only been about The Blue Stuff off-late to know it.

So go on.. give me a hug.. right ABOUT NOW would be good.

No comments: