Monday, October 22, 2007

Sleep, don't weep

If I went to bed now, when the rest of the city is awake and alive, maybe I wouldn't feel so much of a cast-off and a loner.

If I went to bed now, and woke up at 3, I could say I had work to do and it would be alright if my phone didn't ring, cos the rest of the city would be a sleep.

I didn't choose to draw boundaries. But it's happened anyways. Lines have been drawn and I have been boxed out.

Sleep, don't weep, my sweet love
My face is all wet 'cause my day was rough
So do what you must do to find yourself
Wear another shoe, paint my shelf
Those times that I was broke, and you stood strong
I hope I find a place where I feel I belong

You know what... one really doesn't realise how bad a state they are in, until they are right, smack in it.

I am feeling so dreadful, I don't think going to sleep now is gonna cure it.

Where are you when I need you? Can you even begin to see the extent of this pain?

No comments: