Monday, February 16, 2009

The Art of Stretching

"Hey that's the plan ~ just like playing the lottery. If we win, it's a bonus. Otherwise, we have got hope. Nothing to lose."

I read that line while rushing about the MPEX after missing my alarm this morning. And the first thought that came to mind was: He doesn't know me very well, does he?!

The bottomline is this: My ego is just way to big to take a loss. I.HATE.LOSING. 

Yes, yes - such a contradiction I know. Especially when I get myself into all sorts of loss-making situations. But the above is actually the sad, sorry, sordid truth - I do not like to lose. My pride cannot withstand such a beating, especially when it comes to my professional skill-sets.

Unfortunately, as LB and I have come to conclude: It's a shame I am not more nice to my own self. 

So off we go - just one more thing to add to my already-groaning-under-the-weight-of-stress-plate.

No comments: