Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Round Table

It was meant to an Annual General Meeting. Yet, I think most of us braved the rain for an evening of free food, free booze and camaraderie.

And it was well worth it too. But then again, I probably gravitated to the right people.

I have just spent my wet Wednesday with a roomful of almost strangers at a pretty rustic spot in town. A round table of characters, half of whom whose names I don't even remember! But then again, when you have things like caffeine, nicotine and booze in common - who really needs name!

A year ago, I didn't think I'd be spending my evenings finding pleasure in such pursuits. But these folks are from a different bolt of cloth. They are Irish!

So while we've only seen each other a month or so, I'm pretty certain that over time, we'd have more fun (and booze!) than most friends would have had in their lifetime!

Here's to Jon, Paul, Michael, Anne and the dude whose name I never got! And Michael - here's hoping you don't mess up another St Patrick's Day Ball with mis-texts!

No comments: