Thursday, February 26, 2009

Perhaps

Perhaps there is some truth in some form of overkill. I am not sure if yesterday was a better to be at, or today would be better. 

Either way, at least yesterday, at 3 in the morning, I was fast asleep and not sitting my desk, smoking one fag after the other, writing post-it notes and thumping them right on the wall to remind myself... of what, we have yet to figure out.



I thought I'd drop you easily
But that was not to be
You burrowed like a summer tic
So you invade my sleep and confuse my dreams
Turn my nights to sleepless itch

Holding on the telephone
I hear your midrange moan
You're everywhere inside my room
Even when I'm alone I hear your mellow drone
You're everywhere inside of me
I can't escape your incessant whine

When you beam it out all across the sky
No I can't escape your insipid rhyme
When you shoot it deep
Straight into my mind

Stuck on you 'till the end of time
I'm too tired to fight your rhyme
Stuck on you 'till the end of time
you've got me paralyzed

Perhaps, we're destined to always be invisible....

No comments: