Thursday, February 19, 2009

Touching Base

Okay so I have not written very much on what I have been up to, or as some would say: the low-down on Barbsie.

The Irish Escapade

Work has been alright. A bit chaotic cos yet again - my eye's not quite on the ball. And I'm beginning to wonder if a person could really serve more than one master. Nonetheless, I do know which one is the priority and yes, would not neglect that.

If you're one of those who wonders if the economic downturn affects the education sector - my reply to you would be a resounding YES. It's 3 days to application deadline and it's pretty obvious that the number of families out there with over RM 1 million to invest in their child's education has shrunk significantly. Heck, even an application fee of RM 150 seem mighty precious these days. 

Judging by the small bundles of forms for each university, I would say that the competition for seats this year is not gonna be all that tough compared to previous years. Which doesn't bode well for me at all. This is bonus money people!!!


The Froggie

As for the froggie, the first steps towards actually converting what's on paper to reality has been taken. Yesterday, I got the company name registered. Which was quite a thrill actually. One of those whop-dee-do moments!!! Sadly, it was marred by the fact that the other parent (which was coined by the LegalBeagle) of the frog is out of the country and thus, this 1st of many 1st went uncelebrated. 

I've also gotten the partnership agreement vetted by none other than the LB himself and he's given me the go-ahead to have its "i"s dotted and its "t"s crossed. I did detect a level of skepticism in his tone but I'm writting it off to his confidence level in the 2 parents maintaining sanity and harmony, despite it all :o) 

On this note, I have to say that I hate agreements. It is a necessity I know. But at the same time, it makes things so *ugh* And while many slippers would come flying my way if I were to skip this step, to me - it's a mere formality required by law, and not by my own choice. So yes Bear - I do trust him, fake name, age and all that jazz.

Fingers crossed, sometime in the next two weeks, we're gonna be having it done and then it's off to have the whole thing incorporated. And hopefully you'll see a posting on this sight in the next 30 days announcing a new website and product, that hopefully would benefit the people its to benefit. WHICH is not our own pockets, I might add.

The Workouts

Seeing how work has been quite stressful (juggling many balls with many bosses is definitely not easy), I have been diligently going for my workout classes of yoga and aerobics. And as mentioned a few days ago on my Facebook, I do apologise to everyone I have laughed at for taking yoga classes. It's a bloody pain in the arse - LITERALLY. 

And to all the guys out there who equates taking yoga classes to being able to live out some outrageous tantric sex moves - go smack the person who put that notion in your head!

I have yet to weigh myself but hey the clothes are fitting better, so it's all good. I might actually be able to keep up with my bosses when they come in two weeks time again *grins*

Mad March Hare

March is looking to be quite the month on my calendar. There's a wedding to attend ~ yes, I am finally attending weddings once again :o) My bosses coming to town and a whole host of social events for the company. Not forgetting it's green month with St Patrick's Day. And my alumni rep would be in town as well so it's free food and drinks at the Apartment @ KLCC. Add to that, and all the other projects on the plate, I might land myself a side-thingy doing book reviews for one of our local dailies as well (free books woo-hoo!!)

Lydia and Luke

You might be thinking, amidst all that, where does it leave Lydia and Luke? The same place as before, and in fact better! We've developed a routine of reading together Saturday mornings, a brunch at home, swimming in the evening and then a tosai dinner at our neighbourhood mamak. Sunday is of course Sunday School and then it's more play at home. 

I still make it Mum's to see them a few times a week and I've already put in my leave application for a few days in their up-coming school hols. Hopefully, a cheque would arrive before then so we can scoot off and have our family portraits done by a friend at a very reasonable rate. Which is I have decided, my birthday gifts to all of us for 2009. 

Add to that, a certain uncle they have yet to meet has said that he wants to
1) Blow up 200 balloons to fill up their room as a surprise when he comes back from wherever he has been sent to. (I promise when this happens, I'll post the pictures here as evidence!)
2) Teach them to play ball if they are keen.

I should be concern on this note cos I think he believes they are gonna grow up being absolutely straight as a stick by my influence and not give in to their crazy side. And he reckons that by doing this, he's gonna give them an opportunity at breaking free from mummy tyranic ways and influence them in being as crazy as he is *hmmmm* And we wonder why the twains have yet to meet!

Time for you..

Needless to say, I have not been able to catch up with you ~ my buddies in a while. But hey - you know what my schedule's like, and how I can be once I put my head down and get cracking. But don't let that stop ya from saying "Barbs - today is MY day! Meet me at such-and-such a time and place or I'll freaking ring your neck you hear?!"

Cos at the end of the day ~ my life is not complete without that cuppa latte at the Bucks, the din-din under the tree at Alor, or our fish-and-chip nasi-goreng lunch at JayTee's!

So don't be a stranger now - Barbsie can go without sleep just so everything fits!

No comments: