Monday, September 17, 2007

Famous Last Words

I am hurting.

Maybe it's because I know that life has once again changed course. And nothing can make it turn its tide for things to be the same again.

And so I mourn.


Why is it when I think of you
I feel like crying
But i hold my tears in
In case others can see

I owe it to myself
to let go of you and everything that was
Let it lie and
be just a memory

I was the fool
I was the one who went beyond
I'd rather let go of you now
Than to keep hitting the wall

Maybe by laying the cards on the table, it has somehow opened my eyes to the things that I have not been seeing.

And so.. this is my way of saying I'm letting go, not sitting around waiting for the other shoe to drop.


And when the mind decides,
the heart has no choice
but to follow.

It may fight, it may argue
But over time, it too will tire
And give in to the conscious
graciously.

While my heart and my mind may fight
your life will go on
just as it did yesterday,
and today.

But someday
my yesterdays and todays
will go back to the way it was...
Before I learnt how to breathe.

I had asked previously - give me a reason to stay. All I got in return was silence.

You couldn't find a reason to ask me to stay then.. and you still can't now.

Post script:
19th Sept 07 - I had wanted to come delete this post when I got home. It's a reminder of a dark side that should not exist, has no real reason to exist. But it stays. If anything, just to be a reminder of how far people can travel - if they allow themselves to.

No comments: