Monday, September 10, 2007

Mama's Remedy


Here's an idea on how much drugs I've been pumping into my system for the last 36 hours


To list it down, it would go like this:
  • Charcoal tablets
  • Gascoal
  • Imodium for the runs
  • An antibiotic called Flugy
  • An anti-spasm pill called.. I don't know what it's called
  • And that lil bulb thing - yeah - let's not go where the sun don't shine.

RM 85 and some 36 hours with those drugs running through my system - I was still in pain.

UNTIL mama came along by way of a phone call and a suggestion for this drink she used to make for me.

A handfull of rice grains and a whole load of ginger. Sliced and mixed, then into the microwave to be nuked for half hour. It smells great but taste like rice with water. Steep it in hot water for 10 minutes and it's a brown murky colour.

But you know what - 3 glasses of it later, I am at least able to walk upright, not doubling over in pain and I can throw that plastic bulb thingy away.

Yeah - pit science against mama: Mama always win hands down.

Barbsie's back with a bounce *grin*




No comments: