Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Jeng-ging away the blues

It is now officially T-23 days to when operations start. And as things count down to D-Day, the cans of worms are suddenly being thrown open one after the other.

Each day at the office is now a sun-up till moon-up thingy. I don't think I have ever been involved in something as big as thing. It's thrilling yet extremely scary. And in my 5 months and 3 weeks since assuming this position, I would have to say today is one of the most challenging as one fire came up after the other.

Trust me - I never thought being in management would be this bad. Not to mention, going from one meeting to the other - it is not funny at all.

Once upon a time, I used to dream of holding a position like I do today. Yet I was ready to put a note on my door saying "Wake me up when September ends". In a moment of despair as I worked up the energy to eat my lunch, I ended a mail with an anguished cry, seeking reassurance that I can make it thru this month.

And some 4 hours later, right when we were all ready to give up and say "This is not bloody worth it" and "I want my old job back", I get my break in the form of words borrowed from Gloria Gaynor.

Yes - I am still smiling about it. How can one not - when at the end of a dreadfully long day, week and month, you read these words just:

Come on sing with me.....I will survive......I will surivive....just the chorus bits.....jeng jeng jeng...jeng jeng jeng jeng jeng jeng jeng jengjeng jeng jeng jengjengjengjeng je jeng......*hmmm*..wonder if I got it right ~ the jeng-ing bit..

And with that, even though I have yet to even get started on my proposal paper and presentation which is due to go on in 12 hours, I am going to smile some more then grab 40 winks for about 2 hours.

I can save the world
Since the night you saved me
Maybe I can't save the world
But as long as you believe
Maybe I can save the world

And I know I will find the energy to wake up at 2 a.m., drink my can of Red Bull and get cracking for a proposal that will see little to no objection from my bosses.

Baby all it takes is just a little faith in me
To feel like I can save the world

*smiles* I know it doesn't make any sense. But then again, coming from someone who doesn't sing, it'll do me just fine - this jeng-ging away the blues *grin*

And yes - you're reading this on my blog *wink*

~ Save the World by Bon Jovi ~

No comments: