Sunday, September 23, 2007

Reality TV

It's funny how a summer has gone past and come Sept 27th, it will be the 1st episode of Season 4 of Grey's Anatomy. I'm quite excited by it cos Season 3 ended with a whole lot of tears and heartbreak. Everything that all of us had held up for in hope was burnt down to the ground. And so, I'm like the rest of the fans - waiting in eager anticipation to see if the phoenix rises up from the ashes in this new season.

Alot of the times, some of my closes friends say that my life is one big tv drama. The Grey's Anatomy drama. Yeah - apparently, I have adapted the google-box script to real-life. *Duh* Now why would I wanna go do something like, especially if the characters are a bunch of screwed-up individuals looking for a way to live life happy, despite everything?

Breathe in, breathe out
Tell me all of your doubts
Everybody bleeds this way, just the same

Take the main character - Meredith Grey. She went to a pub, met a guy, got drunk, shagged him silly, fell in love - only to find out that he's married. After many months of watching ding-dong back and forth, they finally got together last season. Only to have it all fall down at the very last moment. Apparently, he was in it but she wasn't. Or so he says.

I don't know what to expect of these 2 characters this season. Are they gonna hold on? And if they don't, will they once again attempt being friends like they did when he tried to make his marriage work?


I'm not sure which side to stand on in this case. I so want to clobber her on the head - damn it! Here's a guy who loves you despite all the flaws she so obviously has. He's always there. And she's always - running. Girl - where are you running to? One fine day you're gonna wake up and find that he's gone. Gone for good. Then whatcha gonna do? Stay up all night and think of what you could have done differently? Too late by then, I'm telling ya.

Breathe in, breathe out
Move on and break down
If everyone goes away, I will stay

And then there's her best friend, her PERSON - Christina. She who lost her eyebrow and her man, just cos she thought that she loved him enough, and he didn't want her to think. He wanted her to KNOW that she did.

The season ended with her, standing in her apartment, in her petticoats, weeping cos her man was gone. Left her at the altar and *poof* She was relieved - He's gone. I'm free. Damn it. But what is she gonna do now that the person she was gonna spend the rest of her days can no longer be found?

Sometimes I watch these two and it makes me wonder if being in a relationship is all as great as we make it out to be. Sure - you have someone there to come home to at the end of the day. And you both say you give equally to make it work. Just watch these two, you'll see that there's no such thing as giving equally.

Hold on, hold tight
If I’m out of your sight
And everything keeps moving on, moving on

I think the character I watched most closely the last season is Alex. How with each episode, I sit, waiting for the moment that the light bulb comes on in his blockhead so that he knows that he's fallen for this patient he's rescued. It did happen - the light bulb. But it was way to late. I will always remember her saying - Did you sniff too much glue as a child? Do I have to spell everything out for you?

Now Alex is the kinda person who would put on a grim face and go on with life. Sure, he'll sit at the bar a bit more often now but you won't really be able to tell that he's hurting cos no one knows truly what goes on in his head.

Hold on, hold tight
Make it through another night
In every day there comes a song with the dawn

The 2 characters that I did not like - Izzie and George - well, it's one of those misfits of fate and destiny. To be best friends and then find out that you're in love with your best friend. So not happening. Especially when he went and got himself married in the process.

I don't think I want to go and wonder what will happen to them this season.

Look left, look right
To the moon and the night
Everything under the stars is in your arms

So there you have it. A run down of the show (in case you didn't quite know about it).

We push and pull, and I fall down sometimes
And I’m not letting go, you hold the other line
Cause there is a light in your eyes, in your eyes

In between the time I last logged my thoughts this morning, and now, I was suppose to have been somewhere. I didn't go. I rung off citing the gloomy skies when in truth, I did not want to be in full company of people that I didn't think was worth the effort. And it was sad that I have come to think this way. Cos this was something that was talked about and planned as "one of the things we must do."

Lately, I am beginning to think that this list - this running list of things to do - it is gonna remain as it is - A list. Cos for some strange reason, I think the other person feels that being in just my company is not good enough. And as for me - I don't mix with strangers very well. Especially when there is nothing in common. And I reckon it's gonna come down to a point where I am gonna be brutally honest and say - if Friday night is happen again, it's not gonna be like the last. And as such, it was not worth the effort.

Breathe in, breathe out

Now tell me - is my life and am I remotely even close to any of these characters or the theme of the show in general? I'd like to believe that my life is more than just 40 minutes of non-stop bitching, shagging, saving people and crying.

Cos if it was, I'd be a much happier person in truth.

No comments: