Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Far and away...

A colleague of mine was sharing his thoughts of being away from his family, just to earn a living to put bread on the table. And how after a long weekend back home, his wife broke down after he left.

It brings to mind a time in my life. Not too near in the past, yet not far enough to forget the feeling.

Baby I've been here before
I've seen this room and I've walked this floor
I used to live alone before I knew you

He was at a loss as to what to do. Cos she was living alone, as a single mum until he came along.

And as I looked at him, torn and broken, holding the phone to his ear while she wept her heart out, all I could think off was this... I never want to go back to that place again.

Never. Ever.

Well maybe there's a God above
But all I've ever learned from love
Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you

I know I've said before that if we constantly stand out from the rain, we're gonna miss the rainbow. But if we stand out too long, waiting and hoping for the sunshine to pierce thru the rain clouds, casting the rainbow over you, we might just end up with nothing more than a bad cold.

It's not a cry that you hear at night
It's not somebody who's seen the light
It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah

It's not easy to let someone in your life. And then find out that when you do, the safety net was one big hollographic picture that you dreamt up one night in some strange sugar-induced dream.

Then you sit up straight in bed, cradle your head in your hands and weep... whispering a broken hallelujah...

~ Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley ~

No comments: