Sunday, September 9, 2007

It's okay by me

This post is inspired by a statement made just a few nights ago, over drinks and somebody remarked - everyone at this table is so jaded.

*smiles* Betcha never thought it to be so when you made the statement...

Everyday, someone out there gets disappointed
Especially when you've pinned your hopes
On nothing but the wind
You’ll lose some sleep, shed some tears

Everyday, someone out there gets their heart broken
Especially when they trusted everything
In what they thought was love
Who can they believe in now?

Unless there was something they've missed,
They can only blame themselves
They've hurt so much, cried all they could cry
Until the tears won’t come anymore

It’s okay by me for the emotions
To be as far removed as they are
I’ve been hurt, and I’ve cried
I've been lied to, and I've died

It’s okay by me for the world
To be jaded as it is
I’m cold as ice
Nothing can touch me now

Time will slowly pass it by
Until it becomes but a faded memory
And maybe one day
I’ll believe in the wind again

All I care about now
Is to live life as it is
Watching it as a movie
Non-recriminating, non-committing

Until I have a reason to wanna go thru that again,
Nothing really matters much - not anymore
I'm not disappointed and I'm not broken
It's okay by me to be so



No comments: