Monday, September 24, 2007

Innocent Stick People

Have you ever been taxed to the point, you either shrivel up and die, or laugh hysterically until you cry? Today was such a day. And it’s probably cos it’s now T-3 to the D-Day of services commissioning. I have to say, I am looking forward to Thursday with much anticipation.

But besides all that – the panic buttons are being pushed. And as I sit here at my desk, at half past 9 on a Monday night with my kids away, I am trying very hard not to think of work. For I need to sleep.

And in the quiet of the night, I can close my eyes and still remember the feeling of joy as I cradled Lydia not more than 24 hours ago, dancing to this tune that was the closing credits of a movie that made me cry.

Why are there so many songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions,
And rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told and some choose to believe it
I know they're wrong, wait and see.

Maybe it’s cos I had such a wonderful moment with my little girl, that it’s influenced me today to some extent. Well, it’s either that or I had a long chat with Mandy, my girl. Either way, the day at work ended with me drawing stick people to illustrate how we could resolve an issue of an orphaned beverage pantry.

*Raised eyebrows*

Who said that every wish would be heard and answered
When wished on the morning star?
Somebody thought of that
And someone believed it,
And look what it's done so far.
What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing?
And what do we think we might see?

I wanna do something utterly senseless right now. Like ring up my friends and ask “What do you use to wash your face with?” Or “Are you a morning or evening poop person?” And maybe, just maybe, I might even go to the extent of “Have you ever farted in my presence?”

All of us under its spell
We know that it's probably magic....

*Egad* Did I actually write that down? Oh well – I drew stick people today to my boss. Anything can happen!

Have you been half asleep and have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name.
Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors?
The voice might be one and the same.
I've heard it too many times to ignore it.
It's something that I'm supposed to be.

And sometimes all we need is a lil belief in something, anything. And if we sit back and watch, it'll carry us a long way.

Like the man who lost his job, stepping out of the building where he spent the last decade, into the pouring rain, looking up to the sky only to catch the rainbow breaking thru.

Or the girl who cried so hard, she thought she would die from her broken heart, and upon gazing across the horizon, thru her haze of tears, she spots the 7 shades arching in front of her sight.

Someday we'll find it,
The rainbow connection ~
The lovers, the dreamers
And me.

Like I said – maybe it’s the innocence of the moment that lingered with me thru dawn and thru the weird and mad day. Whatever it is, I hope it carries thru to tomorrow. I like myself much better like that.

And I can think of a few other people who would like me to stay this way too! And you know what? I might just pop those questions. Cos I know after the initial shock, there would be great big guffaws of laughter. It's just so the Barbsie you know, right?

And that is always a good thing. Just like em rainbows!

No comments: