Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Adulthood

Being an adult? Totally overrated. I mean seriously, don't be fooled by all the hot shoes and the great sex and the no parents anywhere telling you what to do. Adulthood is responsibility. Responsibility, it really does suck. Really, really sucks. Adults have to be places and do things and earn a living and pay the rent.

It's Wednesday morning. It's the middle of the week. I am freaking doing a contract review and analysis for my company. Damn it! What started out as a joke is now a freaking heavy responsibility!

Talk about responsibility. Kind of makes bikes and cookies look really, really good, doesn't it? The scariest part about responsibility? When you screw up and let it slip right through your fingers.

I mean, screw it up and my boss potentially gets screwed over the the client, which translates to a shaky future for me here. And once upon a time, when I was a kid, I seriously considered being either an accountant or a lawyer.

The question is, when did that happen, and how do we make it stop?

I freaking do not like this part of the job.

So.Not.Happening.




No comments: