Monday, May 7, 2007

For a boy

I know.. I'm goofing off work-hours to write this.. no excuses.. flog me.

This song is just too lovely to be missed. And well, good words should not have to wait another minute.. so here goes..

Please don't ask me by John Farnham

Please don't ask me what am i thinking ~ It's about you

And please don't ask me ~ I never can see you

What can i do...

My first impulse is to run to your side

My heart's not free, and so i must hide

Please don't ask me ~ What i'm gonna say to you
I toss and turn ~ Can't sleep at night

It's worrying me, I go to bed

Turn out the light ~ But your face i see

It only hurts ~ The more i pretend

That we could ever ~ Be more than friends

Please don't ask me ~ Why I'm so in love with you
You could easily make me happy ~ That I know

But I try my best to never tell you so

I will sing to you my love songs

And pretend but I'll keep my distance right down ~ To the end


Please don't ask me why I'm not talking ~ I just can't explain

And please don't ask me ~ Why I go walking out in the rain

I could not live the lie it would take

To have you here would be a mistake

Please don't ask me ~Why I'm so in love with you


No please don't ask me

I was gonna put my comments at the end of the relevant sentences.. but that would be telling too much.. oh well... such is life when you need to borrow the words of another.

As for which boy? didn't you see the title of the song?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, just wanted to say, that the song fits my life so well right now, also wanted to say Hi, it's been awhile...