Wednesday, May 2, 2007

My chick flick

I raided the DVD shop today and for once, I picked up a couple of romantic comedies.

Frankly, I do enjoy them. Just that in the recent dark and twisty mode, I have stayed away from them. So today, in the name of self-indulgence, I picked up The Holiday and Music and Lyrics.

Just finished watching The Holiday. And I must say that while the movie has 4 main characters (Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Jack Black), it was really more on
  1. the budding romance between Cameron Diaz and Jude Law, and
  2. the relationship between Kate Winslet and an old man played by Eli Wallach.
Jack Black.. kinda did not quite fit in.

Nonetheless, it is what it is - a romantic comedy, which always bring the feel good factor. It's a definite winner by my books simply cos:
  • Jude Law IS the original McDreamy. So move over Patrick Dempsey. Except when Patrick Dempsey is in a white-based buttoned down cotton shirt with stripes.
  • Half the movie was shot in Godalming, Surrey. That's not too far away from where I spent my year in the UK.
  • It has a few nice songs and a few good lines.
So yeah. It is a good Labour Day and the movie choice was a splendid ending to it.

Lovely. Simply lovely.

It sounds corny, I know. I love corny.

No comments: