Saturday, May 26, 2007

Truth

sin·cere ~ adjective

  • Free of deceit, hypocrisy, or falseness; earnest
  • Genuine; real
  • Pure; unmixed; unadulterated.

As we grow up, we learn to tell the difference between what is sincere and what is not. Sometimes, in a moment's lapse of living in the real and the now, we make errors in judgement ~ seeing what we want to see and not believeing in what everything and everyone tells us.

After a few times, you begin to doubt yourself and the existence of sincerity. And each time you come up close and personal with the possibility of shaking hands with sincerity in the face, you either 1) turn and run, or 2) balk at it, insult it and scare it back to its lil hole.

Let it happen often enough, and it becomes an expectation ~ that no one is ever sincere anymore, and that everyone has an ulterior motive.

If you ask me, the last time I felt someone being genuine with me was 2 years ago, when I stepped up to this chappie with piercings and asked "Is this seat taken?" And my instinct did not fail me then.

So yeah.. I am going to go with my instinct again today and take the written words as the truth.

There is no reason why today is not going to be another unexpected great day.

No comments: