Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Tagged by Big Al

I was having a fine time catching up on the posts of people that I follow. Having a huge laugh over Al's posting on being tagged. Only to find at the end of it, he tagged me in return.

#*%^$$%&@^#*&^@*&#^*&$^&$*%^#

So here it goes ~ 6 weird things about Barb you didn't know about:

1) I talk to my stuff animals / teddy bears

My soft-toys (and those of my children) have got names, personality and voices. Each of them are different and reflective of their personality. You've all heard and probably met the infamous Blur-Dog but you really should meet his housemate Bobo, who is a gorrilla in tarzan-like trunks with a brother named Fifi living in Paris. Mind you - it's infectious! Puppy's gotten in on it as well.

2) I don't know how to drink beer

While many people think that it's because I'm so high-class broad which causes me not to drink beer, fact of the matter is - I just don't know how. Literally do not know how to bring on the swallow effect and let it go down.

3) I think in my former life I might have been an European

My favourite books are normally set in London or any part of Europe and when I read them, the images, the sounds, the smells - it's all so vaguely familiar. Plus considering how I've only lived in London for 1 year, it felt very much like home. So yeah.. fragments of a former life?

4) I'm allergic to wasabe

I love Japanese food. Unfortunately, I cannot eat it with the kick one gets out of dousing them in Japanese mustard. A tiny bit will cause my skin to break out in bubble like rash. A lot of it will see me swelling up like a balloon and well, on really bad occassions, I stop breathing and have to be put in a hospital. Yes - you now officially know how to kill me.

5) I hate worms and anything that looks remotely like it

When I was 11, we had a school project that involved gardening. Mind you, I grew up in a house that had a cemented garden so gardening was something strange to me. A friend of mine found an earthworm and threw it at me. Ever since then, anything to do with them worms or creepy-crawlies, I scream and can die of shock.

6) I'm actually quite shy

Contrary to everything else you know about this extroverted personality, I'm actually quite shy. When I don't know what to say, I break out in gigles or laughs. And it takes a lot to bring something out of my head and out of thru my mouth. Half the time, I mull and mull and mull over things before it is said out loud.

There you go Al - hope it was worth reading!

Beeba, Kenny, Puppy, Matt, Chris and Jamir - Looking forward to knowing your insanities!

No comments: